- fill-or-kill (FOK)
- Fill-or-Kill orders are limit orders with instructions stating the order must be executed immediately and in its entirety upon hitting the trading floor or else the order is cancelled altogether. Fill-or-kill qualifiers are typically entered for large trades that may trigger a significant price change if not executed immediately.
- forward pricing
- Requirement of the Securities and Exchange Commission that a mutual fund base its share price on the next net asset value of the securities in the fund's portfolio. For example, if you place a mutual fund order today (and the market is open today), your share price will be based on today's closing net asset value.
- front-end load
- Fee that some mutual funds charge when you buy shares in the fund. The mutual fund prospectus must disclose whether the fund has a front-end load and, if so, how much it is. See also back-end load, level load, and no-load fund.
- fund manager
- Person who performs the ongoing management of a mutual fund, including the selection of the securities in which the fund invests.
- fund objective
- Goal of a mutual fund's investments, such as "growth and income," "aggressive growth," or "capital appreciation." The investment objective is the principle that guides the fund manager's decisions. The mutual fund prospectus states the fund objective.
- fund reimbursement fee
- Mutual fund transaction fee designed to reimburse the fund for expenses related to the purchase of fund shares, the sale of fund shares, or both. Unlike a load charged by some mutual funds or a transaction fee charged by a brokerage firm, the resulting revenues are returned to the fund's portfolio.
Non-deposit investment products and services offered through CUSO Financial Services, L.P. (Member FINRA/SIPC) are:
• not NCUA/NCUSIF or otherwise federally insured
• not guarantees or obligations of the credit union
• may involve investment risk, may lose value
Copyright © 1999-2016 CUSO Financial Services, L.P. All rights reserved.
Member FINRA/SIPC. eVISION® is a registered trademark of CFS.